What’s fab about this dish is, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with veggies, flavor, has texture, has heat, a little sweet, a lil smoky, is perf for any season, you can switch up the sauce base and use dairy free yogurt or sour cream, or omit altogether, it’s great for entertaining, amazing as a side dish or garnish on sandwiches or tacos, and is just an all around crowd pleaser!!
Grilled Corn Salad With Jalapeno and Avocado [Vegan]
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- Salt/Pepper as desired
Chipotle Sauce: (optional)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from one lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- Grease the ears of corn with a lil oil and place on either a gas or charcoal grill or over an open flame, until slightly charred.
- When cool enough to handle, remove corn from the cob using a sharp knife.
- Grill jalapeno until skin is charred and black in some areas.
- Chop jalapeno removing seeds and ribs for less heat.
- In a large bowl combine corn, chopped jalapeno, sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper.
- Make the chipotle sauce: combine all the ingredients in a small dish.
- pour over top and gently toss. Serve with a few extra lime wedges, garnish with a sprinkle of chili powder and cilantro. Will keep for up to 5 days in fridge.