Served warm, this beautiful mixture of picholine, nicoise, kalamata, green and black olives are marinated in citrus zest, garlic and rosemary.
Warm Marinated Olives [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Warm Marinated Olives [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 small, dried bay leaves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of ground allspice (optional)
- 2 cups olives (with pits)
How to Prepare Warm Marinated Olives [Vegan]
- To start, peel and lightly crush the garlic. Next, using a peeler, remove four 1″ × 3″ -inch pieces of zest from the lemon and the orange. Trim off any white pith. Break the rosemary down into smaller sprigs by pinching it off of the stem. Gather the remaining ingredients.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and garlic over medium-low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, just until the garlic begins to turn golden. Do not let it burn. Add the strips of zest, rosemary sprigs, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and allspice. Stir and let sizzle for about 2 minutes. Add the olives and toss to coat. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Cover and refrigerate, stirring from time to time. The olives will keep for up to one week.
- Before serving, place the mixture into a pan and reheat over low until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Place into a serving bowl and serve warm.
Any combination of olives can be used for this recipe. We used equal parts of picholine, nicoise, large green and large black olives, as well as kalamata. For the best flavor, we recommend buying the olives with the pits still inside.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.