This recipe is quick, easy, affordable, packs tons of veggies, tons of flavor, you can add spices if you like, it’s perf for any season, perf for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, and pairs well with countless dishes!
Oven-Roasted Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 whole white onion, quartered
- 4-5 vine ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, sliced in half, seeds removed
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 whole lime (juice)
- 15 sprigs of cilantro
- Olive oil as needed
- Set the oven to 450ºF.
- Quarter onions and tomatoes, cut jalapeño lengthwise, and wrap garlic bulb in aluminum foil with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil over all of the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (little burnt crispys are good, adds flavor, but you can remove them to prevent burning.
- Remove the roasted garlic and set oven to broil. Broil for 10-15 until charred.
- Let cool, place in a food processor with lime juice, cilantro, and additional salt. Blend until smooth.