These homemade pickled jalapeño peppers are the perfect way to amp up any recipe. Chickpea salads, veggie hot dogs, you name it, they can make it better. Fresh sliced jalapeños are combined with rice vinegar, garlic, salt, and a touch of sugar.
Homemade Pickled Jalapeños [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7-8 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced, deseeded
- Wash and slice jalapeño peppers, aim for thin, but it’s up to you. You want to be careful, the spiciness can stay on your finger tips for awhile, so don’t rub your eyes or other parts of your body. Deseed if you want. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the slices. Mix it up, make sure all the slices are sufficiently dunked.
- Carefully transfer the contents of the saucepan to a quart-sized mason jar.
- Allow to cool before lidding.
Adapted from Gimme Delicious Food