Looking for the easiest refried beans you ever tasted? Take a look at this refried beans recipe. Only requires 6 ingredients and is done in no time.
Refried Beans [Vegan]
- 1 can pinto beans
- Small Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Olive oil
- Heat a skillet or pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, mince the garlic, finely chop the onion and add to the oil
- Stir the onion mix continuously for about a minute. Then add the pinto beans with the aquafaba liquid from the can. Let the beans warm through
- Take a fork or a potato masher and mash the pinto beans into a mash. Now it is time to add in the cumin and chili powder
- Keep on stirring the beans and mash until you have the texture you desire. It should resemble soft mashed potatoes. This will take about 5 minutes
- Season your beans with a pinch of salt to taste and they are ready to serve.