Who doesn’t like soft, fluffy marshmallows covered in rich chocolate? Seriously, who? From chocolate marshmallow cookies to bars to brownies and even wontons, we’ve got you covered with this list. You’ll want to save more than a “little room” for dessert this time around.
1. White Chocolate Blueberry Marshmallow Treats
2. Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Source: Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Yes, you can make gelatin-free marshmallows at home — and it’s easy! These Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Inka Szot use agar agar, a type of sea vegetable, in place of the traditional gelatin. They’re spiced with saffron and cinnamon, then covered with chocolate but you can try different spices and coatings to find what you like best. These marshmallows are perfect for snacking, sundaes, or stirring into a big mug of hot cocoa.
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Hearts
Need an easy treat for Valentine’s Day? Try these Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Hearts by Gabrielle St. Claire! They’re crispy, chewy, a little fruity, and dipped in chocolate. There is no food coloring here, just dragonfruit! You’ll love seeing faces light up when you hand these out.
4. #5under5: Gooey Marshmallow and Chocolate Bourbon Sweet Potato Pop Tarts
This is part of One Green Planet’s #5under5 recipe series, a collection of original plant-based recipes that cost less than $5 per serving and can be made with only five ingredients. No way, right?! Sweet potato and marshmallow casserole is ubiquitous on the American Thanksgiving table – creamy spiced sweet potatoes topped with gooey toasted marshmallows? Heaven! But what would happen if you turned that iconic side dish into hand pies and threw bourbon and chocolate chips into the mix? Friends, it’s as good as you would imagine … It’s even better. This #5under5 Gooey Marshmallow and Chocolate Bourbon Sweet Potato Pop Tarts by One Green Planet is spectacular!
5. Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn Bars
There’s not much to say about these Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn Bars by Sheri Silver. This is good because you’re going to want to make them today, in time for lunch boxes, soccer practice treats, after-school snacks, or just for yourself!
6. 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Fudge
It has only 4 rather than 40 ingredients (5 if you count the cooking oil spray, which is optional). Plus, there’s no baking, no muss, no fuss, and hardly any clean-up! You have to try this 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Fudge by Rhea Parsons!
7. Chocolate Chip, Cornflake, and Marshmallow Cookies
Bridge Rose saw this type of cookie a few times on the internet and apparently, it’s from some New York milk bar, but seeing as she neither drinks milk—nor frequents New York—she figured that trying her hand at making these Chocolate Chip, Cornflake, and Marshmallow Cookies would be a nifty experiment. Experiments that end in the production of cookies are generally worthwhile, especially if those cookies contain chocolate chips, marshmallows, and cornflakes.
8. Dark Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Blondies
These Dark Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Blondies by Lisa Dawn Angerame are so super delicious and decadent that a description doesn’t do them justice! If you can find mini vegan marshmallows (like Dandies) then you don’t have to cut up the marshmallows, which will save a step.
9. Spiced Hot Chocolate S’mores Brownies
This brownie is a variation of the cake Dustin Harder created when he competed in the final round of the Food Network Girl Scout Cookie Championship television show. The cake was a six-layer, two-tiered, double barrel cake featuring chili peppers from a surprise ingredient table and the vegan s’mores Girl Scout cookie. These Spiced Hot S’mores Brownies by Dustin Harder offer up the chocolatey, spicy, marshmallow ooey-gooey fun the cake did, only in one simple layer, one pan, and a fraction of the time. Oh, and also without the pressure of doing it on TV in front of a panel of judges and a dozen cameras on you.
10. Caramel Fluffernutter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel isn’t just for topping apples and ice cream. These Caramel Fluffernutter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Tori Cooper get their depth from it and then get complimented with a melty marshmallow to finish things off.
11. Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
Source: Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
These Hot Chocolate Cupcakes by Holly Jade have a chocolate sponge cake filled with a chocolate sauce, with a bulb of vanilla buttercream, topped with vegan marshmallows, and a drizzle of dark chocolate. These cupcakes are a cozy treat that is quick & easy to make!
12. Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Source: Chocolate Biscuit Cake
This Chocolate Biscuit Cake by Aisling Tuck has all the crunch of your favorite tea cookies with all the decadence of a rich, creamy chocolate cake. The crunchy cookies are wrapped in smooth rich chocolate, with the surprise pop of marshmallows and dried fruit nuts You can enjoy this cake with coffee or break it out for a special occasion and get creative with your decorations.
13. S’mores Baked Alaska
Source: S’mores Baked Alaska
The polar ice caps are melting and global temperatures are rising at an alarming rate, but this miniature edible iceberg still manages to keep its cool in the face of a smoldering flame. Resting upon a sturdy graham cracker platform, creamy scoops of chocolate ice cream remain insulated by a frothy meringue cloak. Toasting to a marshmallowy consistency, the overall effect is that of an indoor s’more, complete with the excitement of an open fire. This S’mores Baked Alaska by Hannah Kaminsky can be finished either in the oven or with a kitchen torch. Just set the broiler in your oven to its highest setting when you’re ready to bring the heat.
14. Chocolate Fluffernutter Doughnuts
Loaded with peanut butter, topped with marshmallow frosting, and drizzled with melted peanut butter and chocolate, these rich Chocolate Fluffernutter Doughnuts by Anna Bannister come together in just 20 minutes from start to finish Perfect for decadent weekend brunches, and weekday desserts, and because you won’t be able to resist, they also make great mid-day snacks.
15. Crispy S’Mores Wontons
Source: Crispy S’Mores Wontons
If you love s’mores anything, chocolatey and marshmallowy, you have to try these Crispy S’Mores Wontons by Gabrielle St. Claire. S’mores are a favorite treat of summer, but they can be messy. These creative snacks take away the mess by wrapping up all the melty chocolate and gooey marshmallows in a neat little wonton wrapper. Yum!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.