This cake has all the crunch of your favorite tea cookies with all the decadence of a rich, creamy chocolate cake. The crunchy cookies are wrapped in smooth rich chocolate, with the surprise pop of marshmallows and dried fruit nuts You can enjoy this cake with coffee or break it out for a special occasion and get creative with your decorations.
Chocolate Biscuit Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Grease an 8-inch square or round tin with vegan butter and line it with cling wrap.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat and stir the contents gently until melted.
- Meanwhile, crush the biscuits into different sized pieces.
- Remove the chocolate-butter mixture from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits and extra bits.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, press it down tightly with a wooden spoon and pack it in. Make sure it’s smooth and even on the bottom, especially if you want to put icing on it. Set it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Carefully invert it onto a cake board, then decorate it as you’d like or enjoy it as it is.