Loaded with peanut butter, topped with marshmallow frosting, and drizzled with melted peanut butter and chocolate, these rich doughnuts come together in just 20 minutes from start to finish Perfect for decadent weekend brunches, weekday desserts, and because you won't be able to resist, they also make great mid-day snacks.
Chocolate Flutternutter Doughnuts [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Flutternutter Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegan marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Drizzle:
How to Prepare Chocolate Flutternutter Doughnuts [Vegan]
To Make the Doughnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 6-cavity doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using either an electric or handheld mixer, beat together the peanut butter, applesauce, and brown sugar until well blended. Add in the non-dairy milk, applesauce for binding, and vanilla extract and beat until combined; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate into the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fill each doughnut cavity evenly with batter and bake for 8-10 minutes. Once baked, remove doughnuts from heat and let cool completely before frosting.
To Make the Frosting:
- While the doughnuts are cooling, make the frosting. Using your electric or handheld mixer, beat together the vegan butter, marshmallow creme, powdered sugar, non-dairy milk, and salt until well combined. Once the doughnuts have cooled, spread frosting evenly onto the tops of each doughnut.
To Make the Drizzles:
- Next, melt the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds, or until melted. Then, microwave the vegan chocolate for 15 seconds, stir, and repeat until melted.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter and chocolate over the frosted doughnuts and serve immediately.
- Though best when fresh, store leftover doughnuts in a closed container for up to 2 days.
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.