This perfect fall casserole is as easy as can be! Sweet butternut squash, potatoes, and kale are tossed in a creamy seasoned sauce, then baked and tossed with vegan cheese shreds that get melty, gooey, and stretchy. It's affordable and versatile since you can switch out the varieties of winter squash and potatoes depending on what ingredients you have on hand and it makes enough food to feed a big family or leave you with plenty of leftovers. Yum!
Butternut Squash, Potato and Kale Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Butternut Squash, Potato and Kale Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 pound butternut squash
- 1.1 pounds potatoes
- 6-7 Kale leaves
- 1 cup non-dairy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, vegetable milk
- 2 teaspoons seasoning of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan cheese shreds
How to Prepare Butternut Squash, Potato and Kale Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Peel pumpkin and potatoes and cut into cubes about 1/4-inch. Remove the hard stalks from the kale and shred the leaves by hand.
- Place everything in a baking dish and mix.
- Mix the cream and milk with the seasoning, then add salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake or 20 minutes, then sprinkle with the cheese shreds and continue until the cheese crust starts to turn golden brown.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 160 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 143 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.