Need an easy treat for Valentine's Day? Try these chocolate-dipped marshmallow hearts! They're crispy, chewy, a little fruity, and dipped in chocolate. There is no food coloring here, just dragonfruit! You'll love seeing faces light up when you hand these out.
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Hearts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter and coconut oil. Once melted, add the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combined. Add the pink dragonfruit and fold it in until it takes on a pink hue throughout. Turn down heat to low and add the crisp rice cereal gradually until everything is covered with the mixture and it all binds together. Make sure to keep stirring and not have the temperature too high, to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, and begin to spread the mixture with a spoon onto a slightly greased pan, only until it is cooled and then you can use your hands. Form to the thickness you desire and place in the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
- Once set, cut out the heart shapes with a cookie cutter, wrap the scraps up for later use, and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add the chips over medium heat. add a few tablespoons of almond milk and continue to stir. Keep stirring the chocolate to prevent burning and all the chips are gone. Continue to add almond milk if the consistency becomes too thick.
- Prep the hearts by inserting the sticks at the bottom making sure they are even. With a rubber spatula coat half of the hearts evenly with chocolate and coat with sprinkles. Set aside on a cooling rack, once all are prepped place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.