Summer is a great time of the year to take advantage of the many fruits and vegetables that are in season. From berries to stone fruits, this is the season to reap as many nutrient-rich foods as possible. And what better way to do that than to cook with them? This meal plan focuses on whole foods of the summer, ones that are in season to make the most delicious recipes possible. Enjoy!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you delicious vegan meals with made with summer-fresh whole foods for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
The best way to start the wek is with a wonderful scone, made with fresh blueberries! Enjoy some delicious vegetables with this homemade wrap that you can fill with your favorite vegetables. For dessert, you can make this raw hazelnut cake that will go well with fresh fruit on the side!
- Breakfast: Quinoa Blueberry Breakfast Scones by Nikki and Zuzana
- Lunch: Made-In-Minutes Veggie Hummus Wrap by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
- Dinner: Green Pea Fusilli Salad with Orange Citrus Vinaigrette by Julie Zimmer
- Dessert: Triple Layered Chocolate Hazelnut Cake by Lena Novak
If you’ve never tried savory oatmeal, the summer time is the best time! Not only is it comforting and filling, but you can add fresh tomatoes to the top of this dish! Enjoy the rest of your day with a deliciously filling wraps and some wondeful pasta for dinner!
- Breakfast: Mediterranean Savory Oatmeal with Millet by Nele Liivlaid
- Lunch: Wild Rice and Hummus Collard Wraps by Nikki and Zuzana
- Dinner: High Protein Meal Prep Meatballs with Quinoa by Patrica Granek
- Dessert: Summer Pineapple Crumble by Andri Neocleous
The best part about starting your day with this tofu scramble is that you can add the best fresh bell peppers you can find, and add wonderful sweet corn to it, too! FOr the rest of the day, enjoy some roasted veggies and quinoa and end the day with a frozen cake, which is the perfect way to cool off!
- Breakfast: Southwestern Tofu Scramble With Roast Potatoes by Rini Desai
- Lunch: Turmeric Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables by Medha Swaminathan
- Dinner: Heart-Healthy Burger by Julie Zimmer
- Dessert: Frozen Piña Colada Cake by Emily Spain
Source: Rainbow Sushi Rolls
Adding fresh veggies into sushi is a great way to fit in those perfectly ripened summer veggies! With so many options available to add into your sushi roll, you can make them just how you like! Plus, you an end the day with delicious mango lemon bars.
- Breakfast: Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Crumble by Hayley Canning
- Lunch: Rainbow Sushi Rolls by Hannah Sunderani
- Dinner: One Pot Tomato Basil Lentil Pasta by Wholesome LLC
- Dessert: Mango Lemon Bars by Taavi Moore
Source: Plant-Based Carrot Cake
Happy Friday! Start your day off with some delicious tofu breakfast bites and feel free to add your favorite fruit or vegetables on the side! And the best part is that you can enjoy the end of your Friday with a delicious carrot cake!
- Breakfast: Tofu Breakfast Bites by Kathy Hester
- Lunch: Avocado Quinoa Salad by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
- Dinner: Loaded Lentil Burritos by Caroline Doucet
- Dessert: Plant-Based Carrot Cake by Julie Zimmer
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!