This pasta is so good, you won't even realize it's made from lentils! This dish comes together easily and beautifully and will have you coming back for seconds.
One Pot Tomato Basil Lentil Pasta [Vegan]
- 12 ounces, red lentil or chickpea pasta
- 4 cups (32 ounces), low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1, 15 ounces can diced tomatoes, no-salt-added
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the pasta, broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oregano to a medium-sized soup pot.
- Heat the pot until it begins to boil. Once boiling, cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed until the pasta is al-dente. Be sure to stir the pasta every few minutes.
- Add the chopped basil. Stir. Taste test for flavor and add salt/pepper accordingly.
- Serve with a side salad if you choose!