This deconstructed Summer Pineapple Crumble recipe makes a perfect summer dessert as it’s a lot lighter than the classic version. The base is bursting with flavor from the pineapple, pear, and raspberries which go so well together, whilst the crumble topping is super healthy yet indulgent as it is made with almond flour, coconut, and minimal vegan butter/flour.
Summer Pineapple Crumble [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 4 pears peeled, halved and cored
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 1/2 ounces mango and apple juice, or pineapple juice
- 6 rings tinned pineapple, sliced in half
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries
For the crumb:
- 3/4 ounces ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- .35 ounces desiccated coconut
- .35 ounces vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- vegan ice cream
- mango puree (optional)
- Put the pears in a large ovenproof dish so they sit in a single layer.
- Measure out the juice in a jug and add in the vanilla essence and stir. Pour over the juice mix on top of the pears
- Cover with foil and securely tighten it (or else the juice will evaporate). Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Meanwhile, put the almonds, coconut, plain flour, ground ginger, and sugar in a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter to form small clumps.
- 15 minutes before serving, scatter the raspberries and pineapple between the pears, then sprinkle the pears with the almond crumb mixture (where you have deseeded them during the prep). Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or custard. Drizzle over some mango puree (if desired)
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile