Some days all you want is a big bowl of happiness, also known as creamy, delicious, and filling soup! The best part about soups is that the variations are endless. So whether you want a crunchy chowder full of healthy veggies, or a simple one for lunch, you can make it at home with the right recipe. We have gathered 15 creamy chowder recipes for inspiration from the Food Monster App!
1. Coconut Corn Chowder
Source: Coconut Corn Chowder
Have you ever thought about mixing corn and coconut? Well, here is your chance. This soup is both fun, creamy, and so yummy! The Coconut Corn Chowder by The Whole Foods Diet can easily become your new favorite if you give it a shot.
2. Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder
Source: Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder
A smoky soup to keep you warm on the coldest of nights. This Smoky Corn and Potato Chowder by Dora Daily has grilled corn in it, and is loaded with celery, onion, potatoes, and blended until it’s smooth and creamy. Top it with extra corn and spices, and add some bread on the side, and you’re all set for a bowl of goodness!
3. Loaded Vegetable Chowder
Source: Loaded Vegetable Chowder
Have you seen anything so creamy looking before? This soup has it all, it’s delicious, hearty, and packed with vegetables like carrots, potatoes, broccoli, and kale. The creaminess comes from a blend of raw cashews and almond milk. Yes, you are allowed to drool over the Loaded Vegetable Chowder by Erin Beccia!
4. Creamy Potato Chowder
Source: Creamy Potato Chowder
A rich base of red potatoes is added to this soup, including raw cashews and hemp seeds. The Creamy Potato Chowder by Cheri Alberts is indulgent and creamy and will keep you full for a long time.
5. Clam-Free Chowder With Homemade Vegetable Broth
Source: Clam-Free Chowder With Homemade Vegetable Broth
This is a vegan version of the New England clam chowder, where the oyster mushrooms make an appearance as a flavorful experience. Potatoes, onions, and celery are also added, including a creamy, cashew-based broth (that is homemade!). The Clam-Free Chowder With Homemade Vegetable Broth by Veganize It! is a soup different from any other you have made, so you should give it a try!
6. Winter White Bean Chowder With Kale and Coconut Bacon
Source: Winter White Bean Chowder With Kale and Coconut Bacon
When you’re craving a little extra from your soup, top it with totally plant-based bacon made out of coconut! The Winter White Bean Chowder With Kale and Coconut Bacon by Christine DesRoches is so dreamy (and creamy!) that you’d wish you made more!
7. Red Lentil Corn Chowder
Source: Red Lentil Corn Chowder
Red proteins give this soup a lot of protein and flavors, and the best part about it is that it doesn’t take you more than 30 minutes in total to make this filling soup! The Red Lentil Corn Chowder by Kristen Genton is for sure the perfect weekday dinner!
8. Manhattan Glam Chowder
Source: Manhattan Glam Chowder
Glam it up with the Manhattan Glam Chowder by NYC Vegan is red and tomato-based, and you can find it all over Manhattan. But, it’s so much better when you make it yourself! Stock up all the ingredients and eat the iconic New York City soup for your next meal.
9. Smoky Potato Corn Chowder
Source: Smoky Potato Corn Chowder
Forget about the winter weather for a while, and escape into this comforting, Smoky Potato Corn Chowder by Molly Patrick! It is also super easy to whip up, and the mix of corn, potatoes, delicious herbs, makes a perfect and flavorful soup!
10. Creamy Corn Chowder
Source: Creamy Corn Chowder
Add some corn, sweet potato, and top it all with chips, and you’re almost there! This comforting, indulgent soup has a natural sweetener to make the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The Creamy Corn Chowder by Margaux Mouton is perfect for any day you’re craving some real comfort!
11. Creamy Corn Chowder
Source: Creamy Corn Chowder
A perfect soup for any time of the year! Corn, red bell pepper, and a whole bunch of spices make a delicious soup filled with flavor that you’re gonna love! Top the Creamy Corn Chowder by Diane Smith with some cilantro for the perfect finish!
12. Summer Vegetable Chowder
Source: Summer Vegetable Chowder
Get a taste of summer with the Summer Vegetable Chowder by Anne McGee! The soup is creamy, rich, and so velvety. It gets its texture from a rich array of produce, along with a fat scoop of cashews, and added with potato chunks, onions, corn, garlic, nuts, and squash for the yummiest combination.
13. Potato and Corn Chowder Taco Bowl
Source: Potato and Corn Chowder Taco Bowl
Make the soup, and eat the bowl too! Yes, we’re not kidding. The Potato and Corn Chowder Taco Bowl by Florian Nouh is placed in a crunchy tortilla bowl, which you can break off in pieces and dip in the yummy soup that has creamy potatoes blended with coconut milk and simple seasonings like salt, pepper, and chili powder.
14. Creamy Not-Clam Chowder
Source: Creamy Not-Clam Chowder
Some nights are just calling for a creamy chowder like the Creamy Not-Clam Chowder by Kathleen Henry! This plant-based, smoky mushroom clam chowder is super-duper creamy and so thick, which makes it very rich and hearty.
15. Raw Corn Chowder
Source: Raw Corn Chowder
Haven’t tried raw soups just yet? Then this is the perfect recipe to get you started! The Raw Corn Chowder by Mark Reinfeld combines macadamia nuts and fresh corn which makes it creamy and light. If you want an extra crunch, add some red bell peppers and top it all with black sesame seeds.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!