With soup, you can have it all: it's creamy, filling, delicious, and you can eat the bowl. Creamy potatoes are blended with coconut milk and simple seasonings like salt, pepper, and chili powder, if you like things spicy. Corn adds heartiness, bell pepper adds sweetness, and you can even break off pieces of the crunchy tortilla bowl for dipping.
Potato and Corn Chowder Taco Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/8 cups corn
- 1 chili powder (optional)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 gluten-free corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and cook the potatoes until they are tender, then set them aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the taco bowls. Take a muffin tin, turn it upside down. Press a corn tortilla into the space between the tin protrusions. Play around until you have a bowl shape and they hold well. Repeat with 3 more tortillas and bake for around 10 minutes.
- After the potatoes have cooled, blend them together with coconut milk, salt, pepper, and chili powder (optional).
- Heat a large skillet and fry the corn, onion, and bell pepper. Distribute the blended soup (you might need to reheat) into the taco bowls.