Red lentil corn chowder is such a creamy dish with plenty of protein and flavor. This soup because it’s so incredibly filling and also crazy easy to make. Only about 30 minutes from start to finish and dinner is served!
Red Lentil Corn Chowder [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 3 small carrots, diced small
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced small
- 2 cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon old bay
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Lime juice, for serving
- Diced tomato, for serving
- Sauté onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and potatoes in a large stock pot with oil until just beginning to get tender (about 4 minutes). Add in salt and pepper to taste, chili flakes, and the old bay seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add in your vegetable broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and add the red lentils and corn. Reduce soup to a simmer. Cook about 20 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Remove half the soup and place in a blender to liquefy until smooth. Add back into the soup. Serve with cilantro, lime, and diced tomatoes.
This recipe is an adaptation from Sweet Potato Soul’s recipe.