Creamy and indulgent, this corn chowder brings new ingredients to the table: sweet potato and just a bit of natural sweetener! Throw in a handful of chips for dipping and you've got yourself one great comfort meal.
Creamy Corn Chowder [Vegan]
- 1 15.25-ounce can sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cups steamed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons fennel
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet molasses/agave/sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Optional: sauteed onions and garlic or caramelized onions
- Mash or blend the corn, tahini, and sweet potato in a food processor until broken down, but not completely smooth.
- Saute your optional onions and garlic, then add the potato and corn mix and rest of the ingredients to a pot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, adding more spices or salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately.