If you have not experienced raw corn off the cob before, get ready for a good time. Soaked macadamia nuts and fresh corn come together to create this creamy and light raw soup. Add red bell peppers for a nice crunch and top with black sesame seeds.
Raw Corn Chowder [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts or cashews
- 3 cups corn, fresh off the cob
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded and diced hot chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed or hempseed oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Black sesame seeds
- Place the macadamia nuts in a bowl with ample water to cover and soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 2 cups of corn, and all of the remaining ingredients except the dill, red bell pepper, and black sesame seeds, in a large blender.
- Drain and rinse the macadamia nuts well. Transfer to the blender and blend until creamy. Transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining cup of corn, and dill, and mix well. Garnish with red bell pepper and black sesame seeds before serving.