Escape the chill of winter with this delicious and comforting smoky potato corn chowder. Simple and easy to whip up on any weeknight! Corn, potatoes, delicious herbs, all blended together perfectly to create this creamy chowder; you can't go wrong.
Smoky Potato Corn Chowder [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (a little more than 4 cups, leave the skin on)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 10 turns of black pepper
- Measure out all the spices and place them into a small bowl and set aside for now. Prep and measure out the veggies.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently and adding a splash of water to keep them from sticking to the pot. Add the potatoes, red pepper and the spices that you set aside earlier and cook for two additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nondairy milk and water, turn the heat to medium-high until it begins to bubble, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup, place it in your blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Return it to the stock pot, along with the frozen corn, parsley, nutritional yeast, maple syrup and black pepper and stir.