Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Still figuring out what to do this year for St. Patrick’s Day? How about trying out one of these delicious, plant-based, green recipes!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Holidays and Festivals Archives!
1. 4-Ingredient Green Smoothie
Source: 4-Ingredient Green Smoothie
This 4-Ingredient Green Smoothie by Christina Bedetta is ideal for anyone who is skeptical about drinking their greens! With just four simple ingredients, it can be made in a pinch, and, although it is packed with plenty of nutritious, super-alkalizing greens, you would never sense it from the flavor alone (the vibrant green color, that I love so much, is the giveaway). The key to achieving a wonderful sweet flavor in this smoothie is to make sure your bananas are nice and ripe (as bananas ripen, more and more of their starch content gets converted to sugar, perfect for naturally sweetened recipes!).
2. Garden Green Soup
Source: Green Garden Soup
This Green Garden Soup by Claire Ragozzino is a wonderful way to get greens in without disrupting digestive fire with an icy cold smoothie. You can make this recipe with a variety of different greens!
3. Thai Green Vegetable Curry With Zoodles
These Thai Green Vegetable Curry With Zoodles by Niki Webster is a bit of a lighter take on Thai green curry – spiralized zucchini noodles stand in where steamed rice or rice noodles would usually be. It’s fresh, flavorful (thanks to the homemade Thai green curry paste you’re about to learn how to make!), and full of different exciting textures.
4. Easy Protein Guacamole
Source: Easy Protein Guacamole
This Easy Protein Guacamole by Nikki and Zuzana is a nice protein-loaded spin on traditional guacamole. Use it as a dip for your fresh veggies, top it up on your veggie burrito, include it in your macro bowl, or upgrade your usual avocado toast. No matter how you eat this creamy deliciousness you can count on the fact that you are doing your body good.
5. Szechuan Citrus Green Beans
Source: Szechuan Citrus Green Beans
These Szechuan Citrus Green Beans by Natalie Yonan are the perfect side to any Chinese dish. Fresh green beans are blanched, allowing them to retain their texture, then tossed with sesame oil, fresh herbs, and ground Szechuan pepper. They’re crisp and sweet, with just the right amount of bite!
6. Sesame Broccoli
Source: Sesame Broccoli
7. Pistachio Cake
Source: Pistachio Cake
This Pistachio Cake by Gabrielle St. Claire is amazing in every way. It has good-for-you ingredients like pistachios and spinach, is easy to make, and doesn’t require any fancy devices! With its subtle green color and almond glaze, it also looks absolutely beautiful! The pistachio topping adds a lovely texture to the soft cake and looks beautiful, too! Despite the short list of ingredients and minimal sugar, this pistachio cake bursts with flavor. It’s so delicious, you’ll want to make it over and over. Keep it in your kitchen to satisfy your sweet tooth or bring it to your next get-together.
8. Raw Asparagus Soup
Source: Raw Asparagus Soup
Spring is finally here … that time of year when, as E.E. Cummings says, “the world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” I love everything about this time of year, from the fresh breeze in the air to the perfect, golden way the sun lights up the deep green grass. In many places, the garden has started growing in earnest and fresh, local produce becomes more readily available. This Raw Asparagus Soup by Lisa Viger: Blogger, Raw on $10 a Day (or Less) is the first in a series of five super simple raw and vegan soups to enjoy this spring using in season (and soon to be in season) produce.
9. Kiwi Avocado Juice
Source: Kiwi Avocado Juice
10. Green Keto Salad
Source: Green Keto Salad
Most importantly, whether you are on diet or not, this delicious highly nutritious Green Keto Salad recipe by Lena Novak for you with only plant fats and plant protein. It is also delicious and highly satisfying, not to mention very easy to make!
11. Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
Source: Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream by Clean Desserts, Karielyn Tillman the delicate richness of this pistachio avocado ice cream will make your summer day so much brighter! Satisfy your ice cream craving with this terrific and healthy option.
12. Light and Crispy Zucchini Fritters
These Light and Crispy Zucchini Fritters by Pavani Nandula are beautifully spiced, golden-brown discs of deliciousness. The zucchinis are salted and pressed before being mixed with a bold blend of herbs and spices. These fritters can be served on their own or you can put them inside of a pita for a tasty wrap.
13. Avocado and Tofu Ricotta Sourdough Toast
14. Brussels Sprouts with Miso Sesame Sauce
15. Spicy Cucumber Avocado Onion Salad
You can eat this Spicy Cucumber Avocado Onion Salad by Kibby Miller itself or serve it over some fresh, baby greens. It’s very hydrating, cooling, and filling. You could eat this salad every day and not tire of it. It’s quite a simple recipe: just cucumbers, avocado, red onion, cayenne, hemp seeds, and coconut aminos. That’s it! Such a great snack or side salad. You have to try making this vegan cucumber salad!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!