This garden green soup is a wonderful way to get greens in without disrupting digestive fire with an icy cold smoothie. You can make this recipe with a variety of different greens!
Garden Green Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small florets
- 1 cup zucchini, roughly chopped
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup parsley, stems & leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems & leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoon dulse flakes
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the broccoli and zucchini. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, until tender but the color is still vibrant. Avoid overcooking, you just want to steam these and make them more digestible, not overcook until brown.
- When done, remove from heat and transfer the whole pot into a high-speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients, the avocado, herbs and spices. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.