These spicy Szechuan green beans are the perfect side to any Chinese dish. Fresh green beans are blanched, allowing them to retain their texture, then tossed with sesame oil, fresh herbs, and ground Szechuan pepper. They're crisp and sweet, with just the right amount of bite!
Szechuan Citrus Green Beans [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 cups of green beans
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 big handful of finely chopped cilantro
- Half a handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Szechuan pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
- Blanch the green beans. Prepare an ice water bath and bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil the green beans for two minutes, then drain and transfer to the ice bath until completely cooled.
- When ready, drain the green beans and combine all ingredients in a big bowl.
Calories: 37 | Carbs: 4g | Fat: 3g | Protein: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Sodium: 3mg