You can eat this vegan cucumber salad by itself or serve it over some fresh, baby greens. It's very hydrating, cooling, and filling. You could eat this salad every day and not tire of it. It’s quite a simple recipe: just cucumbers, avocado, red onion, cayenne, hemp seeds, and coconut aminos. That’s it! Such a great snack or side salad. You have to try making this vegan cucumber salad!
Spicy Cucumber Avocado Onion Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Cucumber Avocado Onion Salad [Vegan]
- 1 or 2 cucumbers (depending on size)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 -2 tablespoons of coconut aminos (can substitute Bragg’s Aminos or Tamari)
- Optional items: grape tomatoes, seaweed (dulse, hijiki, arame)
How to Prepare Spicy Cucumber Avocado Onion Salad [Vegan]
- Cut cucumber, avocado, and onion into bite-sized pieces. Put into a bowl.
- Sprinkle hemp seeds and a dash of cayenne (to taste) on top of cucumber/avocado/onion mix.
- Add coconut aminos to taste and gently mix well. (*I highly recommend to let marinate in fridge for at least an hour so that all the flavors can meld.*) That’s it!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.