Take your avocado toast game to the next level with this creamy and delicious ultimate brunch masterpiece! Brought to you by Mother of Pearl Restaurant.
Avocado and Tofu Ricotta Sourdough Toast [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Avocado and Tofu Ricotta Sourdough Toast [Vegan]
For the Toast:
For the Ricotta:
- 28-ounce medium firm tofu
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons white miso
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For the Sriracha Maple Syrup:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A sprinkle of course salt (like black lava salt)
- Mirco rainbow greens
How to Prepare Avocado and Tofu Ricotta Sourdough Toast [Vegan]
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the custard until smooth.
- For the ricotta, lightly pulse until crumbly, not too smooth, so that it resembles ricotta. Remove 2/3rd of the mix and place in a mixing bowl. Process the remaining mixture until it is smooth. Use a spoon to combine both mixtures.
- Soak sourdough slices in custard (we use Balthazar Bakery's Pullman Loaf) and sear on both sides until browned and fully cooked, not runny.
- Spread tofu ricotta evenly over toast.
- Slice half an avocado and fan across toast.
- Drizzle with Sriracha maple syrup.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on top (we use black lava salt)
- Garnish with micro rainbow greens.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.