The cooler weather also makes me crave hearty dishes, and these potato and black bean burgers really fill you up without feeling too heavy. The potatoes also add a nice textural element that make them a bit more meaty than most black bean burgers. These burgers also freeze well so you can make them for a quick weeknight meal or for lunch at work.
Potato and Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 15oz can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup Roasted Red Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Mushrooms
- ⅛ cup Pepitas
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly blend the black beans in a food processor. Chop the roasted potatoes into small chunks and mix in with the black beans.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Form the batter into 5-6 patties and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the burgers over and bake an additional 10 minutes.