The cooler weather also makes me crave hearty dishes, and these potato and black bean burgers really fill you up without feeling too heavy. The potatoes also add a nice textural element that make them a bit more meaty than most black bean burgers. These burgers also freeze well so you can make them for a quick weeknight meal or for lunch at work.
Potato and Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Potato and Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 15oz can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup Roasted Red Potatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Mushrooms
- ⅛ cup Pepitas
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Prepare Potato and Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly blend the black beans in a food processor. Chop the roasted potatoes into small chunks and mix in with the black beans.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Form the batter into 5-6 patties and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the burgers over and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.