We are bananas about bananas, and so are most Americans! Americans eat an average of 80 bananas each year, making them the number one fruit eaten in the United States. Besides just eating them raw, there are so many ways to use and cook with bananas. Take a look at these 12 Vegan Recipes That Will Appeal to the Banana Lover in You and Go Bananas for These Recipes, You Awesome Banana Lovers.
One favorite banana recipe is banana cream pie. It’s a variation of the traditional custard pie that starts with vanilla custard, whipped cream, and sliced bananas, all layered in a graham cracker shell. Then, you can get creative by adding chocolate, fruit, or any other ingredients you like. Making a banana cream pie dairy-free is not only easy but healthier and delicious. First, learn How to Make Perfect Homemade Dairy-Free Pie Crust and then How to Make Awesome Plant-Based Whipped Cream. You can even make it nut-free and soy-free!
For National Banana Cream Pie Day, let’s celebrate all things creamy, custard-y and banana-y. Even though technically, they may not all be banana cream pies, these are 15 decadent and creamy desserts from our Food Monster App you will love.
1. Banana Cream Pie
Source: Banana Cream Pie
This Banana Cream Pie from Gabrielle St. Claire is the ultimate indulgence. The graham cracker and pecan crust is filled with a luscious tofu banana cream custard. Then, it’s topped with homemade coconut whipped cream and sweet caramel sauce. Garnished with more bananas and pecans, this dessert is cool, creamy, and a banana lover’s dream come true.
2. Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Pie
Source: Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Pie
are celebrating bananas and guess who’s coming to the party? The classic combo, chocolate, and peanut butter, that’s who. This Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Pie from Bridge Rose is layers of bananas and peanut butter sitting on a simple homemade crust. It’s all topped with a chocolate-coconut milk luscious creation that will make this your new favorite pie.
3. Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Source: Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
This Chocolate Banana Cream Pie from Veronica Grace is made with fresh ripe bananas, almond milk, and vanilla pudding. It’s topped with homemade coconut whipped cream, and, wait for it … an all-over chocolate drizzle. Oh yeah! This pie will blow everyone away, so it’s perfect for your most special occasions.
4. Banana Toffee Pie
Source: Banana Toffee Pie
This Banana Toffee Pie from Christina Ross pays homage to Costa Rica and its lovely banana trees. Picture this: a Brazil nut crust gets filled with homemade caramel. Then, a layer of sliced bananas is arranged on top and homemade vanilla cream lovingly covers them. Raw grated chocolate and more caramel top it all off. Now, stop picturing it and go make it.
5. No-Bake Chocolate Banana Cream Cake
Source: No-Bake Chocolate Banana Cream Cake
Get ready to meet your new BFF, the BBCCF. This No-Bake Chocolate Banana Cream Cake from Pauline Hanuise knows you’re busy but you still need decadent desserts in your life. With this cake, all you need is a few ingredients and a blender. In minutes, you’ll have a cake that looks fancy but was easy to make. Plus, it’s healthy, heavenly, and delicious.
6. Raw Vegan Strawberry Banana Cream Cake
Source: Strawberry Banana Cream Cake
The great thing about making your own desserts is that you can be as creative as you want. This Strawberry Banana Cream Cake from Emily von Euw adds sweet, fresh strawberries to the bananas for extra yumminess. This raw vegan cake has only simple, wholesome ingredients, like fruit and nuts so you can feel really good about eating it.
7. The Best Banana Cream Pie Ever
Source: The Best Banana Cream Pie Ever
It’s not an exaggeration to call this pie from Alex and Linda Meyer The Best Banana Cream Pie Ever. This banana cream pie really is the best with a grain-free crust made of just almonds, dates, and coconut. The filling is creamy coconut and banana. It’s just like the one you remember from your childhood, but better in every way. You might even say the best.
8. Maple Banana Tiramisu Trifle
Source: Maple Banana Tiramisu Trifle
This Maple Banana Tiramisu Trifle from Christina Ross is a triple threat. That’s because it’s a mash-up of three incredible desserts: English trifle, Italian tiramisu, and American banana cream pie. Made with coffee-flavored cashew cream, bananas, and a rich chocolate drizzle, this dessert is worthy of any fancy tabletop.
9. Banana Cheesecake with Mango Sauce
Source: Banana Cheesecake with Mango Sauce
Banana cream pie gets a tropical makeover in this Banana Cheesecake with Mango Sauce from Lucie Javorska. Bursting with summer flavors, this banana cheesecake will transport you right to the beach. Once you pour the mango sauce over the banana creaminess and take a bite, you’ll see yourself lying on a beach surrounded by palm trees and sipping a Piña Colada. Send us a postcard!
10. No-Bake Mini Banoffee Pies
Source: Mini Banoffee Pies
If a dessert made of almonds, dates, banana, vanilla, and coconut sounds good to you, then you have to make these Mini Banoffee Pies from Charanya Ramakrishnan. These bite-sized treats have four layers of deliciousness. First, there is a crust of dates and almonds. Second, a layer of almond-y date caramel. Third, a layer of sweet banana slices, and finally, a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream. This gluten-free take on a classic English dessert is sure to win over your taste buds.
11. Banana Cream Pie
Source: Banana Cream Pie
Caramelized bananas smothered in creamy homemade vegan pudding sit atop a nutty walnut crust in this delicious Banana Cream Pie from Nicole Dunai. A thick layer of coconut whip cream tops off this delectable summer dessert. Layers of yum on yum compound to make for slices of pure heaven.
12. Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie
Source: Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie
Need a dessert that’s dressed to impress? This Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Gretchen Price will get the job done! It’s made from layers of dairy-free ganache, creamy, custard-y banana, and a billowy coconut whipped cream topping. Drizzle with melted chocolate and crispy banana chips for presentation!
13. Lemon Banana Cashew Cream Pie
Source: Lemon Banana Cashew Cream Pie
Did you ever realize that lemon pairs pretty amazingly with bananas? Yes, the zesty lemon flavor takes a banana cream pie to the next level. So, come on board with this delicious Lemon Banana Cashew Cream Pie from Florian Nouh! It’s a real stunner: easy, creamy, drool-worthy, remarkable, lemony, refreshing, addictive, fresh, and so delicious. With just six ingredients and in three easy steps. you can make this dream come true.
14. Raw Peanut Butter and Banana Cream Pie
Source: Raw Peanut Butter and Banana Cream Pie
Got ripe bananas? Step outside the box of banana bread and try these Raw Peanut Butter and Banana Cream Pies from Robin Runner. This recipe can make several mini pies or one big pie. Each pie is topped with a creamy filling made from peanut butter, ripe bananas, and coconut oil so it just melts in your mouth. If you have chocolate chips on hand, top each pie with a drizzle (or coating) of chocolate for creamy, buttery, chocolatey goodness.
15. Raw Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie
Source: Raw Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie
This gorgeous dessert looks fantastic and is incredibly easy – you only need six ingredients. Plus, this Raw Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie from Florian Nouh mixes a rich date crust with a banana, peanut, and chocolate filling to make a perfectly balanced and dangerously addictive dessert.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Michael Miller :3′
Bananas are gross
Need a big peace.