This gorgeous dessert looks fantastic and is incredibly easy – you only need six ingredients. Plus, this recipe mixes a rich date crust with a banana, peanut, and chocolate filling to make a perfectly balanced and dangerously addictive dessert.
Raw Chunky Monkey Banana Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 heaping cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate, broken into pieces
For the Filling:
- 3 cups unsalted peanuts
- 8 ounces vegan cashew cream cheese
- 1/2 heaping cup coconut nectar
For the Garnish:
- Vegan dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- Combine the Medjool dates, half a banana, peanuts, and the coconut nectar in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Pulse and combine the ingredients until the mixture forms a rough dough. Be careful not to over process this.
- Add chocolate chunks to that blender or food processor bowl but combine them with a spatula.
- Press the dough into a 7-inch springform pan that you have prepared with parchment paper, or greased with a bit of coconut oil. Set this in the refrigerator to chill.
- To make the filling, add all the filling ingredients to your blender or food processor bowl and process them until they're really smooth and creamy.
- Lay the filling over the dough and garnish the cake with chocolate shavings, banana slices, and peanuts.
- Chill it again or enjoy it right away.