Did you ever realize that lemon pairs pretty amazingly to bananas? Yes, the zesty lemon flavor takes a banana cream pie to the next level. So, come on board with this delicious lemon banana cream pie! It’s a real stunner: easy, creamy, drool-worthy, remarkable, lemony, refreshing, addictive, fresh, and so delicious. With just six ingredients and in three easy steps. you can make this dream come true.
Lemon Banana Cashew Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Brazil nuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest reserved (about 1 teaspoon each)
For the Filling:
- 2 heaping cups cashews
- 9 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 2 lemons, juice plus 2 teaspoons zest
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- First, use a blender or food processor to make the dough for the crust. Combine Brazil nuts, Medjool dates, lemon juice, and zest, and process until well-combined.
- Next, comes the preparation of the filling. Again, you’ll need a blender or food processor. Combine cashews, vegan cream cheese, Medjool dates, lemon juice, zest, and water.
- To make the pie, press the dough into a 7-inch springform pan, pour the filling over, and garnish with banana slices.
- Refrigerate until serving or enjoy immediately.