This vegan chocolate peanut butter pie is the ultimate vegan dessert––so decadent and creamy. A simple cookie base is topped with layers of silky peanut butter banana and rich dark chocolate. The result is a vegan chocolate peanut butter pie that will impress everyone who tastes it.This tasty treat is surprisingly simple to make––you won’t be able to stop. Bring it to parties or, on second thought, maybe you should keep this one all to yourself. This pie strikes the perfect balance between chocolate and peanut butter with just a kick of coffee to take it to the next level.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Pie [Vegan]
1 10-inch pie
- 12 digestive biscuits
- 4 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 large bananas
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- cream from a tin of coconut milk (see Notes)
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp granulated instant coffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line the base of a spring form pan with some parchment paper. Add the digestive biscuits to a food processor and blend to a crumb, slowly drizzling in the melted coconut oil. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the spring form pan and press down into an even layer. Place in the oven on a low heat 275ºF/140ºC/Gas mark 1 for about 10 minutes while you’re making the next layer.
- To a food processor, add the peanut butter, bananas, icing sugar and 1/4 cup melted coconut oil. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the biscuit base and place in the fridge or freezer for at least half an hour to firm up.
- When the peanut butter layer has firmed up, scoop the cream from the tinned coconut milk and place in a saucepan over a very low heat. Break in the chocolate and add the vanilla extract and coffee. Stir continuously until all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer and return to the freezer for at least another hour or place in the refrigerator for a few hours until it is firm to touch.
Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge the night before making the pie in order to separate the thick cream from the thinner coconut water. When you’re ready to use it, open the tin and scoop the solid cream from the top of the can.