Roasted asparagus often makes an appearance at Holiday gatherings, but there are so many recipes for this nutritious and delicious vegetable. From puff pastries to salads to pasta to soups, this list has all the asparagus dishes you’ll need for the holidays. Enjoy!
1. Toasted Orzo with Roasted Garlic and Asparagus
There is something magical that happens when you toast orzo on a hot stove. Who would have thought that browning this cute, rice-shaped pasta in melted vegan butter would be the first step in preparing a simple dinner like this? You will love this Toasted Orzo with Roasted Garlic and Asparagus by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez.
2. Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche
Source: Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche
This vegan Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche by Ross Bearman is meat-free, dairy-free, and perfect to pack for a picnic or bring to a garden party. It’s made with a super creamy, high-protein tofu filling and with a gluten-free oat and almond base.
3. Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
Source: Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
4. Grilled Asparagus and Smoked Tofu Benedict
This Grilled Asparagus and Smoked Tofu Benedict by Rebekah Waters is everything that you would expect from this classic brunch dish and more. The smokey tofu and grilled asparagus provide a perfect foundation upon which a luxurious, creamy, dairy-free hollandaise sauce is poured.
5. Shaved Asparagus Salad with Pesto
This Shaved Asparagus Salad with Pesto by Maggie Wescott is a delightful and elegant dish. It’s packed full of fresh basil, radishes, asparagus, and lemon. Bring this salad to your next gathering and be the star of the show!
6. Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta
Source: Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta
The Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta by Julie Zimmer pairs perfectly with the asparagus and roasted walnuts. Light, lemony, and 100% plant-based, the ingredients are natural and easily whipped up in a small blender.
7. Roasted Asparagus with Pistachio Pesto and Pearl Couscous
This Roasted Asparagus with Pistachio Pesto and Pearl Couscous by Fleur Droog is so delicious and flavorful! The pistachio pesto works beautifully with the roasted asparagus. The perfect dinner to impress everyone at the table.
8. Mushroom and Asparagus Crepes
Source: Mushroom and Asparagus Crepes
Savory crêpes are perfect for breakfast or lunch . . . or dinner. They are good all the time and this recipe will show you how to make them at home in no time. These Mushroom and Asparagus Crepes by Gabrielle St. Claire are filled with savory asparagus and topped with a decadent hollandaise sauce.
9. Asparagus Potato Salad With Tomato Caper Salsa
10. Greek Marinated Asparagus with Croutons and Whipped Feta
This Greek Marinated Asparagus with Croutons and Whipped Feta by Maria Koutsogiannis is almost perfect. These beautiful stalks of green are served with croutons and whipped vegan feta, and they pair great with all the best main courses.
11. Asparagus and Mushroom Stir-Fry Bowls
If you can, grab a bunch of thin asparagus spears, which are quicker to cook and more tender. And like any stir-fry, these Asparagus and Mushroom Stir-Fry Bowls by Kelli Foster come together in a flash, so have all your ingredients ready before you start cooking.
12. Spaghetti with Asparagus, Wilted Greens, and Avocado
This Spaghetti with Asparagus, Wilted Greens, and Avocado by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez is easy to prepare. While the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, you simply make the sauce. They both finish at the same time, so this dinner comes together quickly. And if you’ve never tried avocados with pasta before, let this recipe be your first—toss them in at the very end, and not only do they add a rich flavor, but they also bring a creamy texture to this succulent sauce.
13. Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice
This Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice by Annie Kimmelman is so rich in flavor and satisfying. You could probably eat it every night for dinner! This bowl is pretty simple to make and customizable – it’ll become a meal prep staple in your house.
14. Asparagus Soup
Source: Asparagus Soup
15. Fiddlehead Fern and Asparagus Crostini
There is nothing better than freshly picked asparagus roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add fiddleheads lightly sauteed with lemon and red pepper flakes atop a lemony white bean spread loaded up on a toasted rye crostini — you just might think you hit the jackpot. Fresh thyme, lemon, and a little sprinkling of sea salt allow the flavors to stand out and meld with one another. These Fiddlehead Fern and Asparagus Crostini by Heather Poire are perfect for a party.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!