If you love a nice healthy salad, then you have to try this one. It’s so fresh and perfect for a light and tasty dinner.
Asparagus Potato Salad With Tomato Caper Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 bag butter lettuce (about 6 cups)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 medium sized hot house tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into medium sized chunks. Place into a pot of COLD salted water and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 3-5 minutes until they begin to become tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then, shake the potatoes vigorously in the colander as to blister the outsides (this will help them crisp). Remove hot pan from the oven and cover with parchment paper (spray with non-stick spray – optional). Place the potatoes on the tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning the potatoes every 10-15 minutes.
- Chop your tomatoes and place in a medium sized bowl. Add the capers, chopped pickles, juice of 1/2 a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside (the juices will turn into the salad dressing).
- Blanch the asparagus by placing in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, then removing to a bowl of ice water.
- Once the potatoes are done, assemble the salad by placing the butter lettuce on the bottom and topping with potatoes, asparagus, tomato caper salsa, and use the juice from the salsa for the dressing. Enjoy!