These Greek marinated asparagus are perfect for summer while you can get your hands on some amazing, fresh asparagus. These beautiful stalks of green are served with croutons and whipped vegan feta, and they pair great with all the best main courses.
Greek Marinated Asparagus with Croutons and Whipped Feta [Vegan]
For the Croutons:
- 2 large cups bread of choice, cut into large chunks
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
For the Whipped Feta:
- 1 cup vegan feta
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Asparagus:
- 1 large bunch of asparagus, dead ends and tips trimmed/cut off
- 1 large Walla Walla Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or whole (press them once baked)
- The skin of 1 large lemon, cut into lengthwise, skinny strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- top with more olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In one large mixing bowl or directly on the lined baking sheet you can begin mixing together the croutons ingredients till each piece of bread is coated.
- In the other lined baking dish, combine all the ingredients for the asparagus and use your hands to stir/combined each ingredient till the onions/asparagus are completely coated. Bake the croutons and asparagus for 15 minutes, flipping the croutons halfway through. If you have a strong oven, your croutons may only need 10-15 minutes, so watch these closely to avoid burning. Note, you want the asparagus to still be firm, not wilty. So keep your eyes on these as well. Large asparagus will take more time to cook.
- While that bakes, prepare your whipped feta by adding all the ingredients to a food processor or large jar (blend using a hand blender or blender) till smooth and silky.
- Transfer the whipped feta to a large dish and then top with the cooked asparagus and croutons. Drizzle with more oil, lemon if needed and salt and pepper to taste!