Shaved asparagus salad with pesto is a delightful and elegant dish. Packed full of fresh basil, radishes, asparagus and lemon, this salad screams summertime. Bring this salad to your next gathering and be the star of the show!
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Pesto [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup basil loosely packed
- 1 cup parsley loosely packed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt, more to taste
For the Asparagus Salad:
- 1 bunch asparagus thick stalks
- 4 radishes sliced thin
Make the Pesto:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add more water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with more salt and lemon juice as desired.
For the Shaved Asparagus Salad:
- Start by laying one stalk of asparagus on a cutting board. Holding the tip, use a vegetable peeler to shave down the stalk.
- When the first side becomes awkward to shave, turn the stalk over and repeat until you cannot shave anymore.
- Chop off the tip and roughly chop the remaining stalk. Add tip, shavings and remaining stalk to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Toss the shaved asparagus with 1/4 cup pesto. Taste and add more pesto as desired. Add sliced radishes to the top and serve right away!