This blood orange teriyaki tofu & asparagus pea fried rice are so rich in flavor and satisfying. You could probably eat it every night for dinner! This bowl is actually pretty simple to make and totally customizable – it’ll become a meal prep staple in your house.
Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice [Vegan]
Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu:
- 1/2 block super firm tofu I used Trader Joe's high protein tofu
- 1/4 cup tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 blood orange, juice from
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 or 2 inch piece ginger thinly sliced or minced
For Asparagus Pea Fried Rice:
- 1 cup jasmine or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter I used Miyokos, another good brand is Forager
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 6 asparagus stems, each cut into 3 sections
For the Toppings:
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
- red pepper flakes
- daikon radish
How to Prepare Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice [Vegan]
- Cube tofu and toss with soy sauce. air fry tofu for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- In a pan on low-medium heat add plant-based milk, soy sauce, agave, rice vinegar, and ginger. Cook for about 10-15 minutes then add in the air fried tofu. Cook until tofu is fully glazed. The sauce should gradually get thicker and blacken.
- Cook the rice. in a wide pan, heat the butter on a low-medium heat being careful it doesn't burn. after a minute add in the diced onion and garlic. Once the onions start to become translucent (a few minutes) add in the green peas and chopped asparagus.
- After cooking the veggies for 10 min or so, add in the rice and cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium-high heat. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Plate the fried rice and top with the glazed tofu and chopped daikon radish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and furikake.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.