This couscous dish is so delicious and flavorful! The pistachio pesto works beautifully with the roasted asparagus. The perfect dinner to impress everyone at the table.
Roasted Asparagus with Pistachio Pesto and Pearl Couscous [Vegan]
- 2.3 ounces of peeled pistachios
- 1 jar of basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.2 ounces of vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8.8 ounces pearl couscous
- 1 bag (2.65 ounces) mixed lettuce
- 25 ounces of green asparagus
- Olive oil for grilling
- Add the pistachios, olive oil, basil, vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon in a small blender. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pearl couscous and follow the directions on the package. Drain the pearl couscous and let it drain well.
- Cut off the woody bottom of the asparagus. Heat a grill pan and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grill the asparagus for 5-8 minutes, turning regularly. Add some salt and pepper if needed for extra flavor.
- Divide the pearl couscous between four plates and place a handful of mixed lettuce on top. Place the asparagus on top and spoon some pesto over it. Crumble over some pistachios and drizzle with some olive oil and lemon juice.