Deliciously creamy and very tasty without being an overpowering asparagus flavour, this soup is filling and delectable. You must try it!
Asparagus Soup [Vegan]
- 4 bunches of asparagus
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the asparagus, brown onion (peeled and cut into quarters) and the garlic (peeled) in the oven on 392°F for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in a pot with the vegetable stock.
- Remove a couple of the best looking asparagus tips to garnish – set aside.
- Simmer the remaining asparagus, onion and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to cool and then blend with the cashews in a food processor nutria-ninja or similar until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste – serve and enjoy!