In the summertime, when you’re attending barbecues, eating outside and grilling, what’s more satisfying than a veggie burger? It’s the perfect meal for the season, and totally delicious. With all your outdoor adventures this summer, you’re going to need plenty of protein to keep you going, so why not combine the two with 15 amazing high-protein veggie burgers for summer 2019 that you can find on our Food Monster App!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Burger Archives!
1. Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard
Sometimes, to make the best burger, you’ve just got to do it yourself. This is one of them you’ve got to make. Smoky, filling, and oh so satisfying, this Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard from Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer is sure to impress anyone you serve it to, including yourself!
2. Herby Chickpea Burgers
Source: Herby Chickpea Burgers
These yummy Herby Chickpea Burgers from Jean-Philippe Cyr are crispy like falafel, herby like falafel. Essentially, they’re everything you love about falafel sandwiched between two hamburger buns with all the dressings. Chickpeas are blended with fresh parsley, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, and herbs, then fried to make them crispy. These burgers would be amazing paired with vegan tzatziki sauce and sweet potato fries.
Get the Better Burger Cookbook!
Make Delicious Nutrient-Rich Burgers Without The Meat takes an iconic American dish enjoyed for generations and turns it into plant-based yumminess just for you. This vegan burger cookbook is here to take the traditional burger to a whole new level that’s both delicious and health-conscious. There’s something to please every burger lover: from classic to creative and simple to elaborate.
3. Buffalo Tempeh Burger
Source: Buffalo Tempeh Burger
You’ll never have anything like these Buffalo Tempeh Burgers from Florian Nouh. Meaty, savory, spicy, and sweet — yes, sweet — from Medjool dates, these burgers are covered with sauce and topped with onion rings or potato chips. These burgers will be your new best friend. They’re perfect for backyard barbecues, but you shouldn’t wait for a special occasion to dive right into this recipe!
4. High Protein Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers
Love spicy food? You will love these spicy High Protein Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers from Rene Barker. Each patty is packed with beans, onions, and garlic, plus spicy brown mustard, Sriracha, and jalapeños. These burgers are also freezer-friendly, so you can make a big batch and just freeze them for a later date.
5. Spicy Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burger
These Spicy Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burgers from Silvia Ribas are packed with flavor from carefully selected spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. Adjust spiciness to taste and create an awesome dining experience by topping with your choice of salad, tomato, onion, and avocado. Need another reason to try? These burgers freeze really well, so be sure to make a double batch to enjoy later on.
6. Spicy Lentil Rice Burgers
Source: Spicy Lentil Rice Burgers
This recipe is simple and quick. Made primarily with lentils, brown rice, and sunflower seeds, these Spicy Lentil Rice Burgers from Maya Sozer are protein and fiber dense, so you can nosh knowing that you’re eating a wholesome and filling dish. A little vegan mayo goes great with this particular recipe: it has that cool-down creaminess without overshadowing the taste of the burger.
7. Quinoa and White Bean Burger
Source: Quinoa and White Bean Burger
These Quinoa and White Bean Burgers from Julie West are loaded with protein and fiber as well as other beneficial nutrients, and they are very filling. As far as veggie burgers go this is fairly easy. And, if you don’t feel like having it on a bun, by all means, top your veggie burger on a bed of fresh leafy greens with a squeeze of lemon, some avocado, salt, and pepper…so good just like that!
8. Protein-Packed Curried Chickpea and Kale Veggie Burgers
Sometimes, you just need a good burger and fries. Look no further than these Protein-Packed Curried Chickpea and Kale Veggie Burgers from Jessica Bose. Make extra sweet potato fries to have for later. You deserve that.
9. Tempeh Black Bean Burgers With Creamy Dill Sauce
These Tempeh Black Bean Burgers With Creamy Dill Sauce from Ashley Madden are perfected by mixing black beans and tempeh and it’s baked, not fried. Pair with the homemade creamy dill sauce for the perfect flavor combo!
10. Spicy Protein-Rich Lentil Burgers With Avocado Dressing
These gluten-free Spicy Protein-Rich Lentil Burgers With Avocado Dressing from Margaret offer a flavorful blend of protein-rich plant-based ingredients with a little kick. You can eat these in a bun, or with a fork over a bed of baby romaine with chunks of baked sweet potato, sliced tomato, and a tart avocado dressing.
11. White Bean and Lentil Burger
Source: White Bean and Lentil Burger
12. Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce
How about a scrumptious burger with a crispy grilled quinoa patty, delicious burger sauce, and fresh salad greens? Yes, please! Check out these Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce from VBQ: The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer!
13. Black Rice Lentil Burger
Source: Black Rice Lentil Burger
This rustic Black Rice Lentil Burger from Priya Lakshminarayan is full of flavor. It’s made with black rice and lentils and topped with a delicious paste made from almonds, green chilis, garlic, and ginger. These patties are hearty, unique, and sandwiched between two fluffy pieces of ciabatta bread. What could be better?
14. ‘Lamb’ Burger
Source: ‘Lamb’ Burger
15. French Lentil and Mushroom Burger
These veggie burgers are nothing to sniff at. Made from lentils and tofu, they’re packed with protein and plenty of spicy, savory flavor (plus, you can choose to fry or bake them, if you want to keep it oil-free!). Whip up a French Lentil and Mushroom Burger from Alicja Rokicka tonight!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.