These yummy burgers are crispy like falafel, herby like falafel. Essentially, they’re everything you love about falafel sandwiched between two hamburger buns with all the dressings. Chickpeas are blended with fresh parsley, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, and herbs, then fried to make them crispy. These burgers would be amazing paired with vegan tzatziki sauce and sweet potato fries.
Herby Chickpea Burgers [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Herby Chickpea Burgers [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup dry chickpeas (2 cups after soaking)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon harissa sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup flour
How To Make Herby Chickpea Burgers [Vegan]
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover them by at least 2 inches. Let soak 4-6 hours, then drain. They will increase in volume which will provide you with 2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, place the onion, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, maple syrup, cumin, almonds, harissa sauce, salt, baking soda, and lemon juice. Pulse the food processor until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add the drained, uncooked chickpeas. Process until blended, but not puréed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the flour, mix well, then shape into patties.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the patties then quickly fry for 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden. Continue to cook for a further 15 minutes in the oven.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile