These amazing white bean and lentil burgers are packed with plant protein!
White Bean and Lentil Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup red lentils
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 cups white beans
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated lime zest of one lime
- Melted coconut oil, for baking the burgers.
- Combine the lentils and broth, in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the lentils are soft and the broth is mostly absorbed. Drain any excess broth and let the lentils cool.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, add the white beans and using the paddle attachment, mash the beans to a chunky texture. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Shape into burgers with your hands. Place on a platter and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or several hours until ready to bake.
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F. Grease a baking sheet with melted coconut oil. Place the burgers on the pan brush with melted coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes then flip each burger. Brush other side with melted coconut oil and let bake 15 – 20 minutes.
These burgers can be frozen and stored in the freezer.
- Beans - White