This is a simple gluten-free bread crumb recipe that’s also vegan and paleo. It’s a great substitute for traditional bread crumbs that not only have gluten, but other unwanted ingredients.
How To Make Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- For a finer texture: grind the nutritional yeast in a coffee grinder.
- Seasonings: adjust the cayenne pepper and pink himalayan salt to your preference.
- Use with any recipe that calls for traditional bread crumbs.
- Store in an air-tight glass container.
Tip #1: If you have the large flake nutritional yeast and you want it in a finer texture (like a Parmesan cheese consistency), you can grind it up in a coffee grinder. Tip #2: I store my extra bread crumbs in an air-tight glass container. Tip #3: You can adjust the seasonings to your preference…I like mine a little spicy so I use 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper instead of 1/4 teaspoon.