How about a scrumptious burger with a crispy grilled quinoa patty, delicious burger sauce, and fresh salad greens? Yes, please!
Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce [Vegan]
For the Patties:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Burger Sauce:
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles
- 1/4 cup vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 pinch salt
For the Extras:
- 4 sweet potato buns
- 4 handfuls salad greens
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red cabbage
How to Prepare Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers With Burger Sauce [Vegan]
- Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Then let cool.
- Grind the chia seeds, mix with 1/4 cup water, and set aside.
- Thinly slice the onion. Put 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a hot frying pan and fry the onion over medium heat for 7 minutes. Dice the mushrooms and gently stir into the onion.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Coarsely chop the chickpeas in a food processor with soy sauce, vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Finely grind the oats in a blender and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, quinoa, chia seed mixture, fried onions, chickpea paste, and spices and knead well by hand.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Rest for 10 minutes, knead again and shape the mixture into four patties.
- For the sauce, finely chop the shallot and mix with the other ingredients.
- Brush the patties with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and cook over direct heat for 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Cut the burger buns open and warm them on their cut side over direct heat for 1 minute. Cover the bottom half with salad greens, one patty and some cabbage. Top with sauce and cover with the other half of the bun.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.