Sometimes, to make the best burger, you've just got to do it yourself. This is one of them you've got to make. Smoky, filling, and oh so satisfying, this burger is sure to impress anyone you serve it to, including yourself!
Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Patties:
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup black beans
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2/3 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1/2 red chili
- 5 tablespoons soy milk
For the Toppings:
- 4 burger buns, gluten-free if needed
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 pickles, chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 6 strips of vegan bacon
To Make the Patties:
- Fry the seeds (which seeds?) with 3 tablespoons. Water (?) for 10 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 of the beans together with oatmeal, miso paste, and the spices in the food processor.
- Finely chop the mushrooms. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a hot pan, fry mushrooms for medium to high heat for 6 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Rub the onion and express well.
- Add the fried mushrooms, the grated onion, the remaining beans, flax seeds, and walnuts to the pesto mass and chop them with the "pulse" function of the food processor.
- Make four patties and place them on a piece of baking paper until roasting.
- Pour oil into a hot pan, fry patties at medium to high heat 5 minutes per side.
To Make the Sauce:
Blend all the ingredients.
To Make the Burgers:
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers, and the remaining onion into thin slices. Cut the vegan bacon pieces in half.
- Bake burger buns, with the cut side up in a hot pan without oil or on the grill for 1 minute warm up. Each with sauce, lettuce, a patty, pickles, vegan bacon, tomatoes, and onion slices.