This rustic burger is full of flavor. It's made with black rice and lentils and topped with a delicious paste made from almonds, green chilis, garlic, and ginger. These patties are hearty, unique, and sandwiched between two fluffy pieces of ciabatta bread. What could be better?
Black Rice Lentil Burger [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 1 cup green Bengal gram
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Szechuan sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
For the Paste:
- 5-6 almonds
- 3-4 green chilis
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- Green chutney
- Hot Sauce
- Onion, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Beets, sliced
- Prepare the coarse paste of almonds, garlic, ginger, green chilis, and lime juice. Cook the black rice and lentils simultaneously as per package instructions. When the rice and lentils are done, add them all to a mixing bowl.
- After giving it a good mix, add the red bell pepper, salt, vegan Parmesan, and Szechuan sauce. Then add in the chopped onions and cilantro. Mix well.
- To bind the mixture, use a masher. Mash it well until you can form burger patties with it.
- Shape the patties and place them in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes to set.
- Once the patties have set, grill each side for 2-3 minutes with a bit of oil.
- To assemble the burgers, toast the ciabatta buns and spread some green chutney on each side of the bread. Add a burger patty, lettuce, and the sliced veggies on one side of the bread. Sprinkle a little more vegan Parmesan on top as well as any hot sauce you'd like to include. Serve.