Spring is here and it’s time for fresh recipes! These recipes use citrus as a brightening flavor, whether it’s a sprinkle of lime juice or even made with citrus itself. Try out these recipes and get ready for a fresher taste! Have you ever added a spritz of lime juice to a salad or on some tacos? These meals are like that!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you brightly flavored spring plant-based meals that are simply delicious for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Start your morning with this orange overnight oatmeal! For dinner today, this meal of blood orange teriyaki tofu with asparagus pea fried rice is the ultimate spring meal. From the savory tofu to the amazing fried rice with spring vegetables, this meal will keep you upbeat and ready on your Monday!
- Breakfast: Orange Turmeric Tahini Overnight Oatmeal by Lauren Smith
- Lunch: Nutty Citrus Carrot Salad by Let Me Feed You, Rosie Daykin
- Dinner: Blood Orange Teriyaki Tofu and Asparagus Pea Fried Rice by Annie Kimmelman
- Dessert: Creamy Mango, Passion Fruit and Lime Pots by Jo Pratt
Source: Cherry Lime Bars
These Cherry Lime bars are wonderful because the taste of the lime comes through! Alongside this delicious dessert are these fabulous meals that will add a splash of brightness to your spring day! From these ginger-lime noodles and these sticky orange cauliflower bites are meals not to be missed!
- Breakfast: Deep Dish Chickpea Omelette by Jenny Marie
- Lunch: Ginger-Lime Soba Noodles With Vegetables by Sylwia Radzaj
- Dinner: Baked Sticky Orange Cauliflower Bites by Shanika Graham-White
- Dessert: Cherry Lime Bars by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
What is better than tacos for lunch? These tacos are elevated to the next level with a splash of lime juice. End your day with these tarts that are made with hazelnuts and blood oranges! These meals are a perfect way to celebrate spring.
- Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Pancakes by Robin Browne
- Lunch: Tofu Tacos with Sriracha-Lime Slaw by Robin Robertson
- Dinner: Mexican Black Bean Chorizo Burgers with Cilantro-Lime Corn Fritters by Anna Sue
- Dessert: Mini Blood Orange Hazelnut Tarts by Mitra Shirmohammadi
Happy Thursday! Today’s day is another day of bright meals! These ones will have you excited about spring and the fresh produce that’s available at this time of year. Adding a splash of this orange-citrus vinaigrette takes this pasta salad up in flavor!
- Lunch: Green Pea Fusilli Salad with Orange Citrus Vinaigrette by Julie Zimmer
- Dinner: Citrus Sugar Cookies With Royal Icing by Sheil Shukla
- Dessert: Honeydew Sorbet With Lime and Mint by Gabrielle St. Claire
Happy Friday! A week of these refreshing meals and this Friday is your day to enjoy it once more before the week is out! This smoothie is a bright start to your day, and welcome to your weekend with this grapefruit creme brulee!
- Breakfast: Blood Orange Mango Smoothie by Laura Nockett
- Lunch: Tofu Rangoon with Spicy Apricot Lime Dipping Sauce by Travis Piper
- Dinner: Grapefruit Grain Salad with Roasted Chickpeas by Medha Swaminathan
- Dessert: Grapefruit Creme Brûlée by Abby Thompson
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.