This deep dish chickpea omlette is so awesome - it is packed with protein and tastes very similar to omlettes given the secret ingredient!
Deep Dish Chickpea Omelette [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 generous glug olive oil
- 1 cup gram/ chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch turmeric
- Throw all the above ingredients into a blender, in the order shown (or at least, wet ingredients first). Then blitz away for a few minutes until the mixture is good and blended.
- Find the most faithful NON STICK saucepan/frying pan you can, and make sure it has a lid. With a little oil, fry up whatever extras you’d like in the omelette (spring onions, chorizo, garlic, mushrooms, courgette, etc) until they’re browned. Then, pour in the omelette mixture, turn the heat right down and cover the pan.
- Cook for around 10 minutes until the top has set. Then, gently pry up the edges with a spatula and flip out onto a plate.