This bright yellow spice is commonly paired with lemon, especially in salad dressings, but I decided to go with orange to achieve a sweeter (and less tangy) final product. After all, zest and tang and pucker is great for a salad dressing, but not so much oatmeal.
Orange Turmeric Tahini Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- one orange (like navel or cara cara)
- 1/2 cup rolled (old-fashioned) oats*
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini,
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of salt
- Cut orange in half. Juice one of the halves.
- With the other half, cut out each orange segment by running your knife along the edges of each segment until it comes loose.
- Combine orange juice and segments with all remaining ingredients in mason jar or any container with a lid. Cover and shake, or stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Store in fridge overnight or for at least two hours. Can be served hot or cold! Top with additional tahini if desired.
*You could sub with 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats and reduce amount of milk to 1/4 cup.