These rangoons are crispy and delicious, and the apricot lime sauce. Enjoy these for dinner or even to bring as a wonderful appetizer to a dinner.
Tofu Rangoon with Spicy Apricot Lime Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
For the Rangoons:
- 1/3 block firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1/3 tub vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice (half a juicy lime)
- 1/2 small diced jalapeno (de-seeded)
- 2 teaspoons each garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- wonton wrappers
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup high-quality fruit preserves (apricot, peach, mango--you choose)
- 1 tablespooon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mix the filling ingredients together. Use a blender or food processor for a smoother texture.
- Then scoop 2 teaspoons into each wonton wrapper, moistening and sealing the edges into sweet looking little pyramids of perfection.
- Then fry small batches in hot coconut oil (unrefined) for about 3 minutes.
- The bottoms will get dark brown and steam up the insides if they're sealed properly.