This unique grain salad combines a farro base with fresh radishes and cilantro, as well as grapefruit-roasted chickpeas and a grapefruit vinaigrette!Besides being the prettiest color, grapefruits add a lot of versatility to any dish. Not only are they great in desserts, but they also work so well in savory dishes. This grapefruit grain salad incorporates fresh grapefruit in the dressing, a simple citrusy vinaigrette made with only three ingredients. The vinaigrette is used to marinate the roasted chickpeas and also drizzled over the salad, to keep the grapefruit flavor present throughout. The base for this grapefruit grain salad is farro and cilantro. The ratio of herbs and grains makes this salad a bit like a tabbouleh.
Grapefruit Grain Salad with Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Grapefruit Grain Salad with Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup dry farro
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked and rinsed
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of half a grapefruit, strained
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare Grapefruit Grain Salad with Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone sheet.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, then (if you have a fine mesh strainer only) pour all the mixture over the chickpeas and mix till combined.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette over a fine sieve into a second bowl and reserve. (If you don't have a sieve, just reserve about 3-4 tbsp vinaigrette before coating chickpeas).
- Transfer coated chickpeas to prepared pan. Sprinkle the chickpeas with 1 tsp salt and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack when done baking.
- Meanwhile, cook the farro according to package instructions.
- Next, combine the chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, cooked farro, roasted chickpeas, and reserved vinaigrette.
- If desired, sprinkle with hemp seeds before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per serving: Calories 269 | Carbs: 44 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 44 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.