A zesty slaw adds texture and flavor to these tacos filled with marinated baked tofu and creamy avocado.
Tofu Tacos with Sriracha-Lime Slaw [Vegan]
- 3 cups (210 g) shredded green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) Cashew Mayo (page 182) or store-bought vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons natural sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt
- baked tofu, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 to 6 sprouted whole-grain tortillas (or your preferred tortillas)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into strips
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lime juice, sriracha, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, and coriander. Add the dressing to the cabbage and mix well to combine. Set aside. If you are not using the slaw right away, cover and refrigerate it until it is needed.
- Put the baked tofu into a mixing bowl. Add the chili powder and paprika, and season with salt to taste.
- Toss to combine.
- To serve, warm the tortillas, then arrange a few tofu strips and avocado strips inside each tortilla. Add about 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the slaw on each and serve.