These blueberry banana pancakes are vegan, gluten free, fluffy, beautifully sweetened and will fill you right up!
Blueberry Banana Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- coconut oil for cooking
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes have passed, combine the milk and apple cider vinegar with all of the other ingredients (except the blueberries) in a food processor. Process/pulse until the banana is blended. Pour the batter into a bowl and let sit for 8-10 minutes until the batter has thickened.
- At the 7 minute mark, begin to heat a medium-sized cast iron pan (or pan of choice) over medium heat. Add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil to the pan. Let it melt and make sure it covers the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, measure out 1/3 cup of batter and pour it in the pan. Add a few blueberries on top. Let each side of the pancake cook for 3-5 minutes. A good way to know when to flip the pancake is when many bubbles/ air pockets rise to the surface of the pancake. Re-oil with each new round of pancakes. A good way to speed up the process of cooking the pancakes is to have two pans on the go.
- Best enjoyed fresh. Top with fresh fruit, coconut whip or coconut yogurt.